list of helpful resources… I will continue to update this page as I run across more
Just authored a new post here I recommend reading as well.
Absolute Essentials – as in drop everything and get right away!
- Stronger After Stroke – Peter Levine
Books, & Other Info
See page here
Blogs to Follow
Great listing to start here. Also look to the left Navigation bar for the listing of some I follow.
Recommended Practitioners (if near the Seattle area)
- Jillian Kinney – Acupuncture @ Revive Wellness
- My Dr & PT@ Graham Rehab
- Linda Hagemeyer – OT @ NW Hospital Out-patient Rehab
My Ever-Growing YouTube Playlist
Products worth Looking into
Work with your PT/OT before choosing. Below list is what I have experience with for either rehab facilitators or assistive devices. Note: More in this post too.
- Saebo (have the Stretch, Reach, & Glove, activaStim products)
- Benik Splints – My OT mentioned these as an alternative to Saebo, but I didn’t like, thinking the Saebo Glove was better in many respects. Benik was cheaper and even covered by insurance though.
- E-stim (have the Saebo activaStim)
- Active Hands (have both the General Purpose gripping aid & Looped Exercise Gripping aid (for riding my recumbent))
- ArmTran – this device I found useful earlier in my recovery when looking to get more proximal arm ROM to return
- Under Armor One-Handed Zipper coats & other products Amazon & more on the amazing technology here
- Skiing: If you have big issues fitting into ski boots, check out the Full Tilt brand! The tongue folds way down, so much easier to get on & off!
Outdoor Activities Related (if in the Pacific NW area)
Organizations (if near the Seattle area)